So I was sick most of the week. I had a runny nose, the chills, and my back was “acting up”. It started out last Friday morning, which was already looking to be a very busy day at work, so I really couldn’t rest. Then Saturday I ended up having to go into work for a few hours, still not feeling well. Sunday I finally got to rest up a bit, but at some point on Monday, things took a turn for the worse when my chronic back pain (long story) flared up and stayed on & off all week. It wasn’t until just last evening when I really started to feel myself again.
Needless to say I did not get much time to stitch. However, I did try to work on my Happily Ever After SAL in small chunks. Progress is progress after all and I really wanted to finish at least the center section of the pattern before moving on to the next project in my rotation. Amazingly, despite having to frog two whole letters, I did finish the center section early Sunday evening. Here are some pictures of my progress:
After taking the final picture, I put Happily Ever After away and pulled out the next project, A Year of Celebrations, published by Cross Stitch & Needlework Magazine and designed by Cathy Habermas.
As I discussed in a previous post, I changed from the recommended linen fabric to 14 count Aida and converted the threads to DMC. February is the motif I am starting with, in hopes of finishing before the months end, and until last night I had not decided if I was going to use the solid color conversions, or substitute in variegated floss, which could make for a gorgeous motif. Well, I decided to go with the varigated floss, so we will see how it turns out. Last night I had intended to just get the fabric on the Q-Snap and thread my needle with the first color so it was ready to go, but I just could help getting a few stitches started right away. Here is my “starting point” on the February motif:
It feels like this pattern will stitch quickly for me so I am exited to see how far I get this week.
Other aspects of my life were also slow to progress due to my week of illness/injury. The chores backed up a little, and I still have some Christmas decorations that need to come down! My plan is to switch them out for Valentine’s Day this week.
Progress on my Project Life “project’ is moving along, as I have been using my early morning coffee time to work on pages. It is my plan to do a regular monthly/bimonthly Project Life Update post to share my pages, but for right now here are the few pages that I got done this month, most of them are from the end of 2016 and two are “catch up”pages from 2015:
One last thing, I wanted to brag a bit about my new “charging station” set-up. Since moving into the house last January, I am still learning how best to have things set up, and this one corner of my kitchen counter always seemed to collect junk, while also being where I plug stuff in to charge, if I can find the cords. So I decided to clear off the counter, empty a beautiful decorative box from the craft store of it’s junk, and fill it with all the necessary charging cords for our electronics.
Now the pretty box sits on the counter by the outlet, with a picture frame, my Bluetooth speaker, and the candy jar. When something needs to be charge, I just pull out its cord, plug it into the wall, and let it “rest” on top of the box while it is charging. I wish I had taken a “before” picture, but this task was accomplished in between sniffles and cups of hot tea. Anyway here is my charging station that I am so proud of, next on the agenda is to make the “junk drawer” underneath suit my purposes.
Thanks for reading and have a fantastic week full of whatever brings you joy!